Random Thoughts

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

100 Things - Part A

I'm fascinated by the 100 Things. Who started it? I'll give it a try. I don't have 100 at this time, so this may turn into a mini-series. If there are any "rules" to the 100 things, please help me out.

1. I own 2 hats - both baseball type. One is a Boston Red Sox hat, the other is a Moxie hat from whitewater rafting.
2. I had what I believe may have been a near death experience on that whitewater rafting trip.
3. I would go rafting again.
4. I am a Dog & Cat person. Most people are either one or the other, but I love both.
5. My cat, Turtle, died on February 29th (leap year)
6. I have not replaced my cat with another animal.
7. My favorite non-alcoholic beverages are (in no special order): Diet Coke (regular or with lime), very cold water, and lemonade.
8. My favorite alcoholic beverages are (and frozen): margaritas (no salt), daiquiris, mudslides
9. Both sides of my family have alcoholism, so I seldom drink.
10. I LOVE to read - mostly fiction, mystery/suspense. My favorite author is Janet Evanovich, she lives in NH.
11. I never have enough time to read (except when JE's newest books come out).
12. I work 3 jobs to fend off bouts of loneliness.
13. I choose not to have children.
14. I love my friends and their children.
15. I'm a good secret-keeper, but do enjoy gossip that is told to me.
16. Like Minor Revisions, I was a NKOTB fan (on my iPod too) and went to more concerts than I will admit to.
17. Jonathan spoke to me after a concert once. He was my favorite before that moment anyway. Jordan was my second favorite.
18. I don't like most kinds of beans...including jelly.
19. My favorite kind of chocolate is milk or Swiss milk chocolate - very smooth and creamy.
20. I would love to travel more, but I don't like to fly. There's a 50-50 chance I'll get sick.
21. I worry a lot. It could be about specific or general things.
22. My parents divorced when I was 13.
23. My Mom died 6 months before I turned 30.
24. My Dad died 1 month before I turned 30.
25. My 30th birthday was not enjoyable, but some of my friends threw me a surprise birthday party (I knew about and hated it.)
26. I have never fully recovered from my parents' deaths.
27. I am an only child.
28. I still see my ex-boyfriend, but I am no longer in love with him.
29. I watch more tv than I should.
30. I love the occasional lazy Sunday, where I get to stay in pj's all day.
31. I wear glasses. I've had them since I was in high school. My first eye dr told me I should have gotten them in 2nd grade.
32. I can't wear contacts, my eyes start to spasm if I try to put eye drops in.
33. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.
34. My favorite tv shows have ended...Friends, Will & Grace, Sex and the City, The West Wing.
35. I belong to a Community Choir.
36. I am an Alto and the Treasurer of the chorus.
37. I LOVE to sing.
38. I like to dance.
39. I've never had a lesson in either, although I think I would enjoy both.
40. Music makes me happy.
41. When I laugh really hard, I cry and then I have to take my glasses off.
42. I have friends who enjoy watching me laugh really hard.
43. My Zodiac sign is Taurus.
44. I would like to be married.
45. I thought I would be by now.
46. I don't want to work full time for the rest of my life.
47. I would like to think money could buy me happiness.
48. I don't like cherries or coconut.
49. I have been to Las Vegas twice...and I'm not there to gamble.
50. I saw Celine Dion's show on her 2nd night at Caesar's Palace. It was incredible.

So it may only turn out to be a 2 part series...I had more than I thought for this round.

2 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Vinny said...

It's been a while since I stopped by, but I like what you've done with the place. I'm looking forward to Part II of the Top 100, and I too have been hooked by Minor Revisions.

You are off and running. Congratulations!

 
At 8/17/2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Sierra Sedan said...

Thanks for shout out Bernie! Still a work in progress, but I'm learning by example. I beleive you know who they are. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home