Random Thoughts

Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm new here

Hello and Welcome to my Random Thoughts. I'm brand new to the Blog world so if you have any pointers - by all means, feel free to share.

My best friend (who is the closest thing to a sister I have) introduced me to her blog, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks Maple Mama!

At this particular moment I don't have many "random thoughts" to share - other than I really should turn in so I can get up and go to work, but I'll keep typing. (haha)

That brings me to an item to ponder. Does anyone know who created the 5 day work week? Why 5? Why not 4 days on and 3 days off? I'm sure someone has that kind of work schedule. I wouldn't mind working my full time job in 4 days and having a 3 day weekend. I might appreciate my full time job more...the key word being might...

So I was leaning back in my chair, staring upwards trying to think of something mildly entertaining to type - and there it was...a miniature disco ball hanging from my ceiling. Yes really. It was a gift (oh yes) ...from a past love, and he wasn't the best at giving gifts. I know, I know "it's the thought that counts"...but we all know, sometimes it's the gift that counts. In fact - I can't remember what it was for or why I still have it there. I know we were at a Party Store shopping for a sick friend and I mentioned it in passing as being kinda cool in a funny way. That apparently meant - "oh please buy it for me, I can't live without it."

How's that for Random?

8 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger MapleMama said...

OMG!!! It's you!!

Welcome Sierra!!

You're doing GREAT so far! I like the random thoughts...and they are, well, quite random!

You are always welcome to come to Chez MapleMama - where we can blog together on dueling laptops, plus there are lots of other great resources out there:

Blogger Help

Basic Blogging HTML

More on HTML

ProBlogger's Blogging for Beginners

Enjoy!!

 
At 7/25/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Sierra Sedan said...

It IS me!!! LOL You're probably the only one who'll read my blog!

I couldn't come up with a catchy blog title - hence the "random thoughts" and it was late. I hope to show improvement in my blogging. LOL

Thanks for the sites - I'll have to check them out.

 
At 7/25/2006 4:08 PM, Blogger Vinny said...

Welcome, Sierra!! Always happy to have someone join the blogging world. It's a terrific little community, and warm and inviting to all who wish to be a part!

Drop by Bernie's World if you like, or if not, that's o.k. too! If you see additions or features you like, feel free to steal them or ask about them. That's where most of us get our ideas. (I want to find a bullet like MapleMama's to add to my BlogRoll...)

 
At 7/26/2006 1:02 AM, Blogger Sierra Sedan said...

Hi Berniera!
Long time, no talk to! Maplemama introduced me to your blog at the same time I learned about hers. You two are certainly in the novice bloggers category! I'll have to work my way up to that.

Happy Belated Birthday! Congrats on the new job and the new car! Wow quite a month for you!

I definitely will have to check out some beginner blog websites - Maplemama is always so organized!

 
At 7/27/2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Vinny said...

Check out "Blogging for Dummies" at the library, or buy one even! I'm reading it now, and it's got some great stuff for the newbie, the novice, and the experienced blogger.

 
At 7/27/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Hey Sierra, Random thoughts was a hoot - I agree on the work week thing. feel free to drop by http://blog.myspace.com/kes2005
anytime to check out the life and times of the Contessa!

 
At 7/27/2006 10:38 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Hey Sierra,

I couldn't agree more on the workweek thing. Seriously.

I refuse to comment on the disco ball other than its nice to hear its a "past" love, becuase diamonds are a girls best friend! ;-) Just kidding....

Feel free to check out The life and times of The Contessa....
http://blog.myspace.com/kes2005

Best of luck - I'll be back to check your progress... the teacher in me never dies!

 
At 7/28/2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Sierra Sedan said...

Hello Contessa & Berniera!
Sorry I've been otherwise occupied with work from 2 jobs and laid up with a bad back the last few days.

More random thoughts to come forth - I have many topics to cover. BTW - Contessa - LOVE the name...

Thanks for the advice on the Blogging for Dummies - they have every topic covered with the "dummies" books!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home